Timing actually worked out really well for my solo Sunday. My family went out of town this weekend, and it was just me & the pooches today. It's been 9 months now since I moved back in with my family. I hadn't realized time had gone by so fast. My decision to move home was like many of my big decisions...spur of the moment and executed quickly before I can second-guess myself and change my mind. And it was a huge adjustment. Living with my grandma and mom again is both a blessing and a headache. We get along well, but part of that getting along well is driving each other crazy. We are each so set in our ways. Being alone has never really been an issue for me. I enjoy it, even prefer it sometimes. But today rattled me a little...at first. I woke up and made breakfast for myself and realized that its been so long since I'd done this, it felt weird...foreign, somehow. I guess I am a creature of habit, and being alone is no longer my habit.
I spent my solo day doing things that needed to get done. Laundry, cleaning, errands, random stuff. So here is the conclusion I came to today: I very much enjoy doing things alone. I'm an only child. If I haven't gotten used to it by now, something has gone wrong. But, undeniably, a good portion of the reason I moved home, whether consciously or unconsciously, is because I was tired of doing things alone day in and day out. Once graduation comes, I will be moving out of El Paso. My internal compass has hit "W" for wanderlust, and I don't know where I'll end up next, but something tells me its time to go. As much as I may dig in my heels and think that I want to stay in EP, I know things are stagnant for me here in so many ways. This solo time tells me I need to choose carefully where my next zip code will be. These 9 months flew by and the next year will probably be the same way and the decision of where to go will be upon me. I keep telling myself that I don't want to think about where I want to move to so that I can go where the wind blows and where job opportunities are fruitful, but the reality is if I want to make this move happen, I'd better start thinking and planning.
1.2.3....
I love this idea. I'll be following along.
ReplyDelete