So originally, today I was supposed to get drunk on a work night/school night. After my revelations out at Alehouse with Robert the other night, I knew that shit wasn't going to fly. I revised my scheme for today, and decided to go to the entire other end of the spectrum and go vegetarian all day. My inspiration for today's exploit is my lovely friend Krista, who is a recent vegetarian and literally, the healthiest person I've ever met in my entire lifetime.
Today started off with a bean burrito, made by my Grandma. I was already high-fiving myself on one meal down when I remembered...oops. She likes to add a bit of bacon fat to her refried beans for flavor...guess my meal wasn't quite so vegetarian if you want to be specific about it. Damn, I was so mad! Mostly cause I really enjoyed my burro until I realized!
Lunch consisted of a spinach salad with feta and cranberries and poppyseed dressing. With an eagle eye, I examined the poppyseed dressings' ingredients for any lurking meat products, but no! One full veggie meal consumed!
For dinner, I cooked two "flame broil" flavored Boca patties with cheddar on a wheat bun with some very tasty Pop chips. I mostly bought the Boca burgers because I thought it was laughable that they could create a "flame broil" flavor, but the joke was on me because it was super delicious! Go Boca!
To make a long story short, what I learned today is just how hard and diligent one must be in order to adhere to their principles. It must be a pain in the ass to be a vegetarian all day long, but it's admirable to be someone who makes life adjustments based on their beliefs because they truly
are that crucial to them.
Being the uber-carnivore that I am, today was definitely a lesson I won't forget in awhile. With so many healthy soy options out there, it might not be such a bad idea to switch it up once in awhile and lay off the steak.
Happy chomping!
S
Selfishly, this is my second favorite post! :) Good Job!
ReplyDelete