Shortly after my arrival for my friend Cristina-Maria (C-M)'s baby shower, she took me to eat Pho (pronounced FUH). Crazy girl tried to scare me by making me eat TRIPE. I think she forgot I'm Mexican, lol. Tripe can't scare me, yo! Given, I am a really BAD Mexican, and I don't eat salsa or chile rellenos, or any other beaner staples BUT, somehow, I do eat all the "gross" Mexican foods like tripitas, menudo, etc. All things pig are good for me.
Pho turned out to be magically delicious. The broth was yummy and came with cilantro, lime and mint leaves on the side. I hate cilantro, so I opted for the lime and mint, which went in to the boiling broth and tasted AWESOME! I also added some cherry sauce and voila! Delicioso!
Next, Cristina-Maria tried to threaten me with lengua tacos. Again, I'm Mexican, lady. I have fond memories of my favorite Uncle Henry, or my Tata, as I called him, cooking lengua when I was little. He used to chase me around the house with the whole tongue, still wrapped in clear cellophane, telling me to look at the cow's taste buds. Minced well, lengua is delicious. We didn't have any cause the Pho was super filling, but she still cracked me up.
She tried so hard to gross me out. Given, she had a very brief window in which to do so, considering I arrived at 9 at night, and all we had was hour or two to have dinner before stuff closed, and the next day was 12 hours of baby shower madness. Ultimately, the verdict was....
Cristina's gross out food, 0
Sarah, 1
YEAH!

I love me some Pho! Its Pho-ing Good! Glad you liked it!
ReplyDelete