Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fellini Fumble!

They say when we make a plan, God laughs. God was probably laughing at me today for attempting to make plans to go to Fellini Film Cafe so that he could wreak havoc on those plans.

The day started off pretty ok. I went to work at UTEP, thinking my purple streaks were subtle, and I didn't have to worry too much about concealment. Uhhhhh....I guess they just don't photograph well, but those shits stick out! I was getting comments left and right from students who couldn't believe I took the plunge. I'm thinking its subtle outdoors, but something about the florescent lights inside really make them pop. My shower water was super purple this morning, so I didn't think there'd be any left, but I guess I was wrong. It was pretty laughable.

Back to Fellini. It was a bust. I arrived there at 7 and there was an issue with the projector, so I wasn't able to watch anything. The place itself was really cute, though, and I'm glad I got to check it out. I will be making time again during my 30 days to go, regardless. 

The best part about this 30 day journey isn't just the introspection, but I think its also satisfying just to get things done. I am a list maker by nature, and isn't the whole point of making a list having the gratification of scratching a line of completion? I am getting immense satisfaction by "gettin' er done", if nothing else.


;-)

Fellini-1, Sarah-0
re-match to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment