Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Yes. Yes?

Ok, so my yes day was a total bust.

Maybe I already say yes enough, because nothing felt any different today. Maybe I need to practice saying no? The day started off somewhat uneventfully, but as predicted, my ass and almost every other part of my body was sore, and I slept weird, so I awoke in a HORRID mood and had no desire to say yes to anyone or anything. The day got better and I said yes to everything I could, but it was mostly mundane things.

Yes-to hiking again with Track B students, even though I went a quarter of the distance I went yesterday.
Yes-to a mini-roadtrip to Mesilla with classmates in two weeks for the Border Book Festival.

I'm excited about tomorrow and all the random acts of kindness. Guerilla kindness, I call it. I've been trying not to think about what I'm going to do so they can all be sporadic. A few weeks ago, my Grandma was out shopping and encountered an elderly black lady who seemed lost. Turns out she was randomly handing out $100 dollar bills to various people. My Grandma said she didn't say anything to her, she just gave her a huge smile. Some people noticed what she was doing and went to actually ask for money, but she was only giving it to those she found worthy. I wish I could afford to do something like this, but it's the thought that counts tomorrow :-) She will be my inspiration for tomorrow. Here's to giving out smiles and getting some in return, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment