exhausting but ultimately worth it.
I have said with pride in the past that if a sight is worth seeing, Google maps can probably find it for me minus the rocks and my panting my way up a mountain. However, I rescind my previous statement. It was fun, albeit, I did huff and puff a bit. In the spirit of multitasking, I took all my students with me and we made it a field trip to Transmountain this morning, and hiked about 2 miles both ways. They loved it, and we took some great pictures and had lunch at the top of the mountain.
Site of my first hiking experience.
The bottom!
A cactus flower Jamie picked for me :)
Anaiz, climbing up a big rock sola like a crazy person!
These feet need to make it to the top!
Myself, Selene and Emiliano, clutching the infamous Transmountain walking stick. Kept me from falling on my ass!
Students, taking in the view.
My little chickens. They look rough around the edges, but they have hearts of gold.
Michelle, the counselor at our school and my partner in hiking and chisme on this lovely Monday morning.
The best part about it was the resolve to make it to the top. I was feeling the burn in my calves halfway up and was tempted to stop, but the trail of little chickens (my lovely students) behind me kept me on the right track. Michelle and I had lovely bonding moments at the top of the mountain while the students were out exploring. Good day :) I know my ass is going to be sore tomorrow.










No comments:
Post a Comment